NEPAL GENERAL INFORMATION
How to Enter Nepal?
- Airport. Tribhuvan international airport is the only international airport in Nepal
- Airlines. Nepal Airlines is the national flag carrier aircraft of Nepal. The international airlines operating their flights in to Kathmandu includes: Aeroflot, Airasia, Biman, Bangladesh Airlines, China South-West Airlines, Druk Air, Indian Airlines, Malindo Air, Pakistan International Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Thai Air etc.
- Flight routes. Airlines operate flights to Kathmandu from Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Colombo, Calcutta, Delhi, Dhaka, Doha, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Karachi, Kuala Lumpur, Lhasa, London, Osaka, Paris, Moscow, Paro, Singapore and Varanasi etc.
Kathmandu is connected to India through the productive plains of the Tarai.
- Cars. Visitors are permitted to drive their own cars but their vehicles must possess international carnet.
- Bus. There are regular bus services to Kathmandu from all the borders points. Bus services are available easily from India to Nepal and vice versa. The bus from Lhasa is only available during the less snowing period.
- About Borders. The entry point at Nepal – India borders are: Kakarbhitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Dhangadi and Mahendra Nagar. The entry point at Nepal – China is Kodari from Lhasa and Resuwagada.
Entry and Exit points in Nepal:
The following entry and exit points are prescribed for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from the Nepal. Departure from these points at the time of entry or exit will be treated as the infringement of immigration rules.
- Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
Land border entry
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal).
- Birgunj, Parsha (Central Nepal).
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border).
- Belahia, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi (Western Nepal).
- Jamunaha, Nepalgunj, Banke (Mid Western Nepal).
- Mohana, Dhangadhi, Kailali (Far Western Nepal).
- Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur (Far Western Nepal)